It’s time for a vacation, but you don’t quite feel like packing a huge suitcase, dealing with the airport, or getting the car ready. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could enjoy a relaxing getaway without venturing too far from home? If you can relate to any of this, you may need a staycation! You may not even realize that Encinitas, CA, is the perfect place to take some time off. Keep reading to discover our top three North County San Diego staycation ideas. Then, be sure to access our complimentary Destination Guide for more local recommendations and tips.
More Ways to Spend Your Staycation
3 Ways to Enjoy the Perfect North County San Diego Staycation
1. Play Tourist
It may be home, but did you know that Encinitas is also one of the highest-rated surf towns in the United States? There are countless restaurants, bars, outdoor experiences, and beaches that out-of-towners love. We bet you haven’t had time to see your town through the lens of a bright-eyed visitor, so now’s your chance! Here are some of the best ways to pretend you’re a tourist on your North County San Diego staycation:
- Try your hand at surfing in Encinitas
- Taste downtown Encinitas restaurants
- Perk up at an Encinitas coffee shop
- Attend a horse race in Del Mar
- Spend a day at Moonlight Beach
- Discover local produce at an Encinitas farmers market
- Tackle an Encinitas hiking trail
- Explore the San Diego Botanic Garden
- Find a new favorite North County San Diego park
- See a Southern California sunset from a different perspective
- Sip your way to bliss at a North County San Diego brewery
- Take a joyride down Highway 101
- Indulge in an organic meal in Encinitas.
2. Rest, Relax, and Renew Your Spirit
While there are plenty of opportunities for high-energy fun in the Encinitas area, it’s an ideal place to cleanse your spirit and get back in touch with the things that truly matter. If your staycation vision includes kicking back, relaxing, and grounding your spirit, consider these spiritual wellness activities:
- Encinitas yoga
- Consult a North County San Diego healer
- Meditate in a tranquil setting
- Treat yourself to a spa day.
3. Discover a Unique Lodging Experience
A staycation isn’t truly complete until you get out of your comfort zone and enjoy new-to-you views. Located in the heart of North County San Diego, the newly renovated Inn at Moonlight Beach is designed to nourish life from the inside-out. Our modern, boutique inn is the first hospitality building in the world to earn the WELL™ Platinum certification. Our thoughtful architecture and flourishing gardens make for a truly unique, elegant retreat just blocks from the beach and downtown Encinitas. Thanks to the clean air, purified water, circadian lighting, nutritious food, and on-site spiritual wellness perks, discovering your new favorite destination begins here (we won’t tell anyone that it’s in your hometown). There’s no better place to rest and relax after trying some of these North County San Diego staycation ideas. You’ll return to your normal routine feeling brand new!